Alum Etienne Morin Rises in NHL Central Scouting Ranks04/19/2023
With the 2023 NHL Draft set to take place in June, NHL Central Scouting released their finals rankings which has seen Etienne climb the list.
Etienne is ranked 19th among North American Skaters and is the second defenseman listed. In January, NHL Central Scouting released their mid-term rankings and had Etienne listed 24th among North American Skaters.
Etienne is no doubt one of the top defensive prospects for the 2023 NHL Draft. Here’s a list of some of his accomplishments so far this season.
- Led his team in assists (51) and tied for the lead in points (72) during the regular season
- Led his team in shots on goal (213)
- Had the 4th most shots on goal among defensemen in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League
- Led the QMJHL in goals by a defenseman (21) and finished 3rd in points (72) in the regular season
- Had the second most points among first-year draft eligible defensemen in the entire Canadian Hockey League (QMJHL, OHL, WHL). First place had 75 points and is the only defenseman ranked ahead of Etienne by NHL Central Scouting (Lukas Dragicevic, #18)
- Played in the CHL Top Prospects Game
- Currently leads his team in playoff scoring with 15 points in 9 games, which is also tied for 4th best among all scorers so far in the playoffs
Etienne is currently in the 2nd round of the playoffs and taking on Halifax. The series is tied 1-1 in the best of 7.
While Etienne’s focus surely isn’t on the NHL Draft right now, his stock could rise even more as he continues his dominant 2022-2023 season.
Share this Post