We expect that all students in the CIH Academy hockey program are committed and dedicated to achieving excellence, both academically and athletically. Our ultimate goal: to have athletes graduate from our program, go on to attend college or university, and continue their hockey careers. Comparable to many top universities, our program includes 60 minutes of on-ice training and hockey-specific strength and conditioning four-five days a week—for a full nine months.
Our coaches collaborate with students, parents, teachers, and guidance counsellors in order to find the best post-secondary fit for every student-athlete. Based on our alumni’s successes at the next level of education and play, CIH Academy has built a reputation as one of North America’s premier hockey development programs.
- intensive nine-month hockey program
- on- and off-ice strength and conditioning with professional coaches four-five times per week
- individual and team development with position-specific coaching, video sessions and on- and off-ice testing
- teams sanctioned by Hockey Canada that play at the highest level of competition available
- partnerships with CCM hockey equipment
- fitness training Monday to Friday, under the direction of former NHL Sports Performance Coach, Chris Schwarz.
- periodic testing to maintain progress charts
- informative seminars on nutrition and motivation
- support from our full-time Sports Medicine and Athletic Therapist
I loved my time at CIH Academy and I am very grateful for the coaches and the hard work ethic I learned there. The development and time spent working on my individual skills has allowed me to reach my goals.