CIH Academy offers a non-residential version of its programming for boys and girls in Grades 8–12 from eastern Ontario and western Quebec. Day students have access to all of the CIH Academy facilities, teachers, coaches and trainers. From September to June, 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday, day students receive great academic instruction and enjoy all the elements of our Program of Hockey Excellence, with the exception of league and tournament play.
The hockey program includes:
- credit course study in the Ontario Secondary School curriculum leading to an internationally recognized diploma
- instruction from hand-picked Ontario-certified teachers with experience working in a sport-specialized environment
- a low 13:1 student-teacher ratio, which often allows for one-on-one classroom interaction
- extra flexibility to help student-athletes maximize their potential and succeed in the sport they love
- SAT preparation and testing (for an additional fee)
- expert coaching under the guidance of Hockey Director Andre Savage and Senior Hockey Advisor Bob Hartley.
- initial on-and-off-ice testing that adds a personalized training component
- on ice practice four-fives per week with professional coaches
- Fitness training Monday to Friday, under the direction of Sports Performance Coach Chris Schwarz.
- periodic testing to maintain progress charts
- informative seminars on nutrition and motivation
- support from our full-time Sports Medicine and Athletic Therapist
Classes, on-ice practices and fitness training all take place in our state-of-the-art sports facility, making the transition between activities fast and efficient.